Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ziti with Goat Cheese

I received a couple of emails from readers and just wanted to say I appreciate the feedback a lot. I can see how many hits my blog gets in a day so I know there are a lot of lurkers out there! I do love the comments and feedback as I am sharing my cooking and dining experiences with you as I can't share them with anyone in my home. So thanks again for the comments and the emails!

Another reader commented that I eat a lot of pasta, which is true. It is a quick, easy and filling meal to have during the week. It is also very easy to adjust for a single portion.


I picked this cookbook up at Costco as I subscribe to the magazine and I love it.


here is the recipe, another easy meal with just a few ingredients.


This is what their photo of the meal looked like. The photos in the book are very nice.


I didn't have rigatoni but I had ziti!


I hope you all are not afraid of goat cheese. It is truly delicious, does not taste weird at all and brings a very tangy and delicious flavor to this meal.


I didn't have mushrooms but I had some spinach.

This doesn't get much easier. Boil the water, toss in the pasta and get it cooked. Save some of the pasta water to use to create a sauce with the cheeses.




Toss in your spinach, mushrooms or whatever veggie you may want to use. Sun dried tomatoes would be great in this as well.


Add in your cheese and stir it up. Add in the pasta water as desired to thin the sauce out a little.


Simple, filling and oh so tasty.


cheesy goodness.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'll admit it: I'm afraid of goat cheese. It's taken me years to get to the point where I can admit I like cheese, so I don't mind being afraid of it for a bit longer.

    I am a big fan of pasta as well and this looks pretty good. I might try this with basil leaves sometime and mostaccioli...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good. I'll have to try goat cheese sometimes. I have always steered away from it because I thought it might taste weird. That dish looks delicious!
    Tammy
    (Mom to Two Wild n Crazy Guyz)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this recipe!!! It was so delicious!!! I'm a huge fan of anything w/ pasta & goat cheese. Absolute perfection!!

    Thank you for posting it!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love cheese. Pretty much any cheese. I don't like pasta to much though. And boo hoo I want to go to costco.

    ReplyDelete