Saturday, March 29, 2008

Creamy Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers

I have to start this post with a huge thank you to all of the folks leaving comments and sending emails. So many people are cooking and getting new ideas from this blog and it is awesome and it is humbling. I love cooking and I love sharing that with people and the fact that I have now found a group of people to do that with is so great, I seriously appreciate you coming here and spending a few minutes looking at this blog. I have added a subscribe button on the right hand side bar to make it easier for you to know when I update, but I try to stick with a new post every other day. I have also added some links on the side bar, so check those out!

So lets get to some cooking. This recipe is another crockpot creation with awesome leftover potential.




Here is your recipe.




I am using a regular yellow onion for this recipe, I am beginning to miss my shallots.




If you are going to be slicing onions it is a good idea to cut a small sliver off the bottom so you have a flat surface instead of a rolling onion.




Another tip is to turn on the gas burner nearest you when you are chopping. If you don't have a gas burner I feel for you on so many levels. The flame needs oxygen so it creates a vacuum effect near it, which draws in the vapor that causes your eyes to tear up when chopping an onion.




Chop up your celery








You could roast your own peppers OR you could buy them in a jar.




As I was doing the prep work the night before I chopped the peppers and put them in a container to store in the fridge.




these are called Baby Bellas, but actually baby Portabella mushrooms are Crimini mushrooms, I guess its a marketing spin as portabella's are getting more popular.




I love mushrooms!




Chop them up and get them in a container to spend the night in.




lovely chicken breasts




I cleaned off some fat and chopped them up. I stored those in the fridge and went to bed.

The next morning get everything out and ready to cook!








Into the frying pan...chicken, onions, celery.




After the chicken is cooked a bit, toss in the mushrooms.




After you have the chicken and veggies pretty cooked its time to load up the crock pot.








layer it all in there




grab some wine




and your good old Campbells Soup!




Use the wine to get the rest of the soup out of the bottom of the can.




Pour it over the chicken and veggies.




Stir it all up and pop on the lid.




See you in a few hours!!




When you are ready to eat get your milk into the crock pot and let it heat through.




Grab yourself some english muffins.




Toast the muffin.




Load it up with the creamy chicken mixture. This is not the 'slop' on a shingle that your parents may have talked about.




This was really good but honestly, this leftover recreation was even better...




Throw it in a sauce pan with some cooked pasta and you have another delicious meal!








Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good and I am all for just about anything that goes into the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG. I have to get a crock pot!!

    ReplyDelete