Sunday, March 9, 2008

Tilapia with Wine and Tomatoes

As the weather gets warmer I like to cook a lot more fish. This recipe is simple and the flavors are clean and really let you taste the delicateness of the fish. I love mild white fish. You could easily do this in the oven instead of on the grill. The following serves one!

INGREDIENTS

* 1 (4 ounce) fillet tilapia
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 1 fresh basil leaves, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1/4 cup white wine

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
2. Place the tilapia fillets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil. Season each one with salt and pepper. Place one tablespoon of butter on top of each piece of fish, and sprinkle garlic, basil and tomato. Pour the wine over everything. Fold foil up around fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.
3. Place foil packet on the preheated grill, and cook for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so as not to get burned from the steam, and serve.



For a side dish I had some corn and leftover mashed potatoes. We always had corn with mashed potatoes when I was growing up.


Chop up some tomato to top your fish.


Get out some foil, I use two pieces.


I get tilapia frozen individually at the local market.


Get it down on the foil and season both sides with salt and pepper.


cut a tablespoon of butter. You could also use olive oil but fish with real butter is delicious.


basil


don't forget the garlic. I ran mine through the garlic press.


spread the tomato on the top along with your butter.


add some white wine


seal it up and get it on the grill for 15 minutes.


It was cooked perfectly


I hit it with a squirt of lemon also because I love lemon on my fish.


simple and delicious!

5 comments:

  1. I need to eat more fish. I should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep making the same comment on this blog: yummmm. But you keep deserving it!

    thanks-
    patience

    ReplyDelete
  3. your recipe looks really simple! I'll give it a try to see how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fish looks really good and would probably be just the thing for a Weight Watcher's meal. But I gotta say, that pizza looked soooo good. I never thought about just cheese and garlic like that. That had to be killer! And for me, the more cheese the better!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jason Dittle GO AWAY!

    I'll have to try this sometime; I've never been a fish fan but I've heard tilapia is very mild and tasty.

    ReplyDelete