Thursday, March 20, 2008

Beef Stroganoff made from Leftover Beef Ribs

Once again, thank you guys for the emails and the comments! I hope I am answering your questions and continuing to bring you guys recipes that inspire you to cook. Heck, I will even settle for just making your stomach grumble. I appreciate you spending a few minutes of your day checking out my blog.

So lets get to some food! I had leftover beef ribs and sauce from the crockpot meal I shared in the last entry, so I decided to make a sort of stroganoff. Stroganoff usually has mushrooms and a little bit different flavor profile, but this turned out really delicious.



First step, get some water boiling.



Get some plain yogurt or sour cream.



Chop up your leftover beef rib into bite sized slices.



get the beef and the sauce into a sauce pan and let them simmer.



stir in about a tablespoon of sour cream or yogurt and let the sauce heat through.



get your pasta boiling



your sauce should be nice and creamy



combine the cooked noodles and the sauce and you are done!



This kind of reminded me of a hamburger helper meal all grown up, it was definitely comfort food but way more delicious than something that comes out of a box.



Don't forget some crusty bread to get all the delicious sauce from the bottom of your dish.

Here is a question for you, did you eat hamburger helper growing up and did you think it was delicious?

Have a great weekend guys.

10 comments:

  1. That is such a quick way to use up left over beef!! I don't know why I didn't think of it before. We love that kinda comfort food.

    I didn't start eating HH till college...yes we still eat it & yes I think it's yummy! I just add a green veggie to it now to feel all grown up.

    Have a great weekend.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr. Agbazara and I decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. I followed instructions which he gave in order to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr. Agbazara because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. Please do contact him for help too if in a relationship problem via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR Via WhatsApp on: ( +2348104102662 ). And testify for yourself.

      Delete
  2. I never had HH growing up. It wasn't until I was first married that I tried it. It was not delicious. It tasted institutional.

    Yours looks much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog..What a great concept! Now if I can stop DROOLING while I read it, I'll continue to enjoy it!!

    My parents didn't serve Hamburger Helper. Was I deprived? (We did have the occasional Spam meal, so all is not lost)

    I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! No I didn't do hamburger helper...I wanted to tho'. LOL

    Lots of Licks, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fascinating! I will have to give that a whirl. I've seen the FAGE yogurt in the grocery store but haven't had the guts to try it yet...

    We had Hamburger Helper as a kid and I loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I refuse refuse refuse to eat hamburger helper. Bad Bad Bad stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looked really good.
    In answer to your question I have had my fair share of Hamburger Helper. I think it has just come out on the market when I first got married and it was a real life saver at times. It seems like after awhile it all kind of got to tasting the same way though. My kids were never really that fond of it,but I do have a couple boxes in the pantry. I think they have been there awhile though. I should probably check the expiration dates, ha! ha!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom never had HH growing up. She had it for awhile when she lived with a mom and two kids, and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a comment here a few weeks ago about Dr. Agbazara and I decided to contact him as instructed, thanks to this man for bringing joy to me as wished for. I followed instructions which he gave in order to get my lover back who left me and the kids for 3years now, but thanks to Dr. Agbazara because they are back to me now for good and we are happy together. Please do contact him for help too if in a relationship problem via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR Via WhatsApp on: ( +2348104102662 ). And testify for yourself.

    ReplyDelete