Sunday, March 25, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Salad

I had some veggies hanging out that I wasn't sure what to do with when I came across this recipe in Everyday Food Light.

recipe everyday food light
I didn't follow the exact recipe, but guess what, that is ok. Recipes are just a guide...you don't have to do EXACTLY what they say. Baking is a little less forgiving of tweaks...but that is why I don't bake :) Preheat your oven to 450 and lets go!

ingredients
You will need some lettuce, yogurt, garlic, veggies to roast, olive oil and vinegar.

veggies ready to roast
I roasted up some sweet potato, red onion and sweet peppers. You can roast whatever you have on hand. Chop them pretty evenly, throw them in a bowl with some olive oil, salt and pepper and give them a toss. Lay them out in a single layer on a rimmed baking/cookie sheet and get them in the oven. Let them roast for as long as you want, these took about 40 minutes. I like mine really roasted.

roasted vegetables
Yummy sweet and savory goodness.

dressing
Now all you have to do is make the dressing and you are ready to eat.

Roasted Vegetable Salad
This was refreshing and filling and had so many fun textures, colors and flavors. If you are not a fan of hot and cold or sweet and savory this probably wouldn't be for you, but I loved it.

21 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how good this looks. I've been working with sweets and something so deliciously savory would be wonderful now :-). I hope you have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to go see what you have been working on :)

      Delete
  2. Looks so vibrant and delicious and the dressing sounds very light and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this salad! I agree with you 100%. Recipes are a suggestion only. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have never been able to follow the rules ;)

      Delete
  4. This looks so good! I am known not to follow recipes too. Nothing wrong with that (laugh).

    The salad is awesome.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so colorful and delicious :) And nothing beats homemade dressing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer homemade dressing, I like mine extra vinegary :)

      Delete
  6. I'd be happy eating these roasted veggies only, but never thought of eating with salad! I LOVE that idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely new for me too, but I will be doing it more often, I want to try it with spinach leaves next time.

      Delete
  7. This looks so good! Simple but delish! I've been looking to get some more veggies in my life too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to get all my veggie roasting in before it is too hot to have the oven on :)

      Delete
  8. simple roasted veggies, not much else beats it some nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pan full of roasted veggies ALWAYS sounds good to me! Loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks really simple but pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my kind of salad! Looks so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good! I love roasted veggies but never thought to make a salad out of them. Brill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it possible for you to add me to an email subscribe list so I get updated by email when there's a new post? I don't use a reader so that's the only way I remember. vraklis@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a subscriber notification set up, but I can look into it!

      Delete