Friday, March 16, 2012

Favorite Things #12 - Cookbooks!

I love cookbooks and I have a lot of them. The amount of cookbooks I had really influenced my decision to start this blog. I would go through and mark recipes I wanted to make and then never actually cook. I didn't really feel like going through the trouble of just cooking for me. Then I realized that I could share my cooking, eating and the whole experience with a lot of amazing people by doing this blog.

So here are some of my cookbooks...

cook books

cook books
The rest are in various locations around my house, some waiting to be read, some waiting to be shelved, etc. But I am actually cooking and using these books now, instead of shelving them and not picking them up again.

So what is your favorite cookbook or cookbooks? Are there any that I just have to check out?

9 comments:

  1. I got DH the Cook's Illustrated cookbook for Christmas. We've made lots of things out of it and it's great.

    P.S. I love the Joey shrine on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ever growing Joey shrine...we keep finding little things that remind us of him.

      Delete
  2. That's why I love garage saling in the summer - cheap cookbooks! Happy St. Patty's Day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an impressive collection. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created an interesting spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I used to have so many cookbooks, but lost them through divorce. Long story. Now, I appreciate NOT having too many cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am quite jealous of your collection. I've only got about 2 shelves - time to start buying, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled when I saw Joe. I miss him and your great dog stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond is really good, but it makes huge recipes. Your blog is my favorite online cookbook.

    ReplyDelete