Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Best Thing I Ever Made - Spicy Stuff

When I saw the topic I knew I was going to have to post more than one recipe this week. While I have been trying for years to introduce new food to my husband, one thing he has definitely turned me on to is spicy food. I used to think I hated spicy food, but I just didn't have a tolerance for it. Now after years of 'practice' I find I really like a lot of spicy dishes. These are two that stick out in my memory as being totally amazing.

Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Cream Corn. I loved that corn so much. I loved the sweet, savory and spice. I only used jalapenos but a fresno would be awesome in that dish as well.

Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Creamed Corn
Doesn't it look delicious? I honestly can't say what I liked better, the corn or the pork.

This Korean Style Bulgogi sticks out in my memory because I used Sambal Oelek which is one of my now favorite recipe additions. This stuff is HOT but adds a great flavor. I have been using it a lot over the last 5 years since I posted this recipe.

Korean Style Bulgogi
This one is super simple and great for grilling season which is hopefully coming to the rest of you guys soon, it is definitely here in Arizona!

8 comments:

  1. That corn looks delicious. The spicier the better for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spicy food. It was the opposite here. I had to get my hubs into spicy food. He's still in the beginning stages but, I'm working on it! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I've not been to your blog in ages it seems. I do love your "best thing" posts! I'm the same as you, I introduce hubs to new things, but what he has turned me onto is spicy stuff. I had no tolerance before, but now can eat stuff just as spicy as he does! I'm pinning those two recipes, they both sound awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me that its grilling season - our temp this morning? 13, but with the windchill it felt like -6! WTF!

    After Tabasco, and Sriracha, Sambal Oelek is my favorite hot shit - its so flavorful!

    I need to try that beef dish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the grilling season to get to me too. Yum, everything looks delicious. I am not sure what my favorite would be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like spicy too. Both dishes look really flavorful and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge spicy food fan. Everything about this meal looks great.

    ReplyDelete