Monday, September 26, 2011

Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Creamed Corn

Today I am doing another Rachael Ray recipe, I really do like her cookbooks. This is a great combo meal that tastes great and looks nice on the plate.

Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Creamed Corn recipe

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees, I used my toaster oven for this meal.

And now you will need some ingredients...

ingredients
You will need some cream, jalapeno, red pepper, lime, onion, garlic, flour, pork tenderloin, chicken broth and some corn.

cumin and paprika
You also need some spices, but they didn't make it in time for the first picture. I don't have coriander so I just used paprika instead. This recipe also calls for parsley and cilantro. I will add parsley in the end but you will not see me using cilantro on this blog. Ever.

onion
Lets get going! Chop your onion.

chopped
Chop your jalapeno and garlic.

garlic smashed
Smash some more garlic to be put into the tenderloin. Don't worry about uniformity here, just smash it with your knife.

lime juice
Juice the lime.

cream and broth
Measure out some of that delicious cream.

season it up
Slather the pork with salt, pepper, your spices and the lime juice.

pork ready to roast
Make some slits in the tenderloin and shove the garlic you smashed up into the newly made holes. Drizzle some olive oil on these beauties and get them in the oven.

When the pork is about 5 minutes from completion, melt some butter into olive oil in a small skillet.

butter and oil

corn cooking 5 minutes
Add in the corn, peppers, onions, jalapenos, salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.

pork out
Your pork should be nearing completion, get it out and let it rest. This will allow all the juices to redistribute into the meat.

flour in for a minute
We have to get back to our corn! Sprinkle the flour over it and give it a stir and let it cook for a minute.

creamy
Add in the chicken stock and the cream and give it a stir. Bring it to a simmer and lower the heat and let it bubble away for about 5 minutes. Add in some parsley at the very end and you are ready to plate.

Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Creamed Corn
This was so delicious. I don't know what I liked better, the corn or the pork. I will be making both again for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Really good, thanks for this! great food sensory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this menu looks delicious and yummmy oh my gush I'm starving while staring your menu! thanks for sharing this I will try it sometime! :) keep up the good work!


    -----------------------------
    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete