Monday, March 25, 2013

The Best Thing I Ever Made - Chicken

This chicken dish is one that really hit home for me that I can make food at home that tastes even better than food at a restaurant. Granted this is just a quick Chinese stir fry, but it still sticks out in my memory as a triumph over my fear of making anything but the easiest of recipes.

The recipe is for Rachael Ray's General Tso's Chicken and it was absolutely delicious.

General Tso's Chicken

Do you have a dish you never thought you could make at home and you pulled it off?

9 comments:

  1. Your photo is mouthwatering :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that is so funny b/c the dish I would have picked as the one I was suprised I pulled off is general Tso's chicken as well. Yours looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, that looks good. I think I've surprised myself a few times. Tonight I'm duplicating a recipe I seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I hope I surprise myself again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the mood for chicken. This does sound good. Thanks for sharing, Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that looks so good!! I wonder if I could get my husband to eat that?!

    Deep dish pizza, had no idea I could ever come close to making it at home, and now its our go to pizza. Can't wait for Lent to be over so I can have my sausage pizza on Fridays again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love takeout at home! Wonder if I can make it with tofu..hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda, way to go! It looks delicious! Yes, I made Baked Alaska, which I thought wouldn't work, but surprisingly it did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This chicken looks so mouth watering delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gen Tso's has been my favorite for about 20 years. I found a similar recipe at The Bitten Word in 2011 and it's become a regular in my rotation. Both RRs recipe and the recipe from The Bitten Word are very similar to the first one I had, which remains my favorite.

    ReplyDelete