Monday, April 8, 2013

Hungry Girl Fancy Fish Foil Packet

I am still loving the foil pack cooking method and several of you said you like to make fish this way. I gave it a try and it works perfectly, I can't wait to do more combos.

Hungry Girl Fancy Fish Foil Packet recipe
The recipe is again from Hungry Girl. Preheat your toaster oven or regular oven to 375 and grab some ingredients.

ingredients
You don't need much for this meal, just some butter, parsley, garlic, salt, asparagus, a fish filet and some lemon.

delicious
Trim the woody ends off of your asparagus.

lemons
Slice up your lemon.

butter
Mix the butter, parsley, garlic and salt in a bowl. I also added some paprika for flavor and a nice color enhancement.

tasty asparagus
Spray your foil with pam or grab a sheet of non-stick foil. Lay the asparagus out.

fish on
Top it with the fish.

buttered
Top the fish with the yummy butter mixture.

lemon on
Cover with the lemon slices.

foiled again
Fold up your foil packet and get it on a cookie sheet. Here is a quick youtube video I found of how to do the foil packets Click here for video. Put your packet in the oven for about 15 minutes for a thin piece of fish or about 20-25 for a thicker piece like the one I used.

Hungry Girl Fancy Fish Foil Packet
Cut the foil packet to release the steam and then plate. This looks and tastes delicious with very little work and hardly any clean up.

I hope you all have a great week!

13 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try making fish in a foil packet! And I think I actually have the HG cookbook also but never opened it. Maybe I should give it a go because this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful way of making fish :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foil is one of the best ways I've ever prepared fish! Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cooking method! I really like how it seals in all the flavor and juices! Plus it's asparagus season so yay for fresh asparagus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks good. What is the best it is healthy and it is simply prepared.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh, I LOVE this! So making it! That buttery topping that melts down into the fish and asparagus-brill!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how pretty that meal looks, ha ha!
    My favorite way to make tilapia is to sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper, wrap in foil, broil for 15-30 minutes! (Timing totally depends on elevation. It used to take 18 minutes for the tilapia to cook, but when we moved across the state I discovered it takes closer to 30 minutes) Super easy, yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I liked fish! That looks like a perfect meal for 1! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a picture perfect dish! It looks so good Rhonda. I actually have some fish to use and will be making this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have had shrimp made in a foil packet before and it was really good, but I have never had fish. I love this idea of making the fish with the vegetables in the foil pack. It looks like it would be simple and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a simple but yummy looking dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful, simple, elegant, and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These would be the perfect dinner to enjoy with a glass of vino!

    ReplyDelete