Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Grilled Salmon with Tartar Sauce

I absolutely adore tartar sauce, yet I have never made my own, so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it.




There are a lot of ingredients in this but it is very simple.




Lets gather some things to make the marinade.




You need some Thyme, Worcestershire sauce, basil, Soy Sauce, garlic, lemon, salt pepper, curry seasoning, and some butter.




Combine it all together in a zipper bag.




I am using 2 salmon fillets as I will be making a salmon couscous dish with the leftover that I will post here later this week.




Pop this in the fridge for 30 minutes and you can prepare the tartar sauce.




Slice up your green onions.




Put them in a bowl and gather up the rest of the ingredients.




Mayo, lemon, dried mustard, paprika, pepper and dill.




I have been using the Asian Kewpie mayo lately and it comes out of the bottle looking so cool!




Get the ingredients all together with the mayo and green onion.




Give it a stir and preheat your grill or broiler.




When your grill is hot grab your salmon from the fridge and get grilling. Let it cook for about 8-10 minutes and you are ready to eat!!




Drizzle the tartar sauce over the salmon and garnish with some dill. I served this with some Smile fries because they are tasty and oh so cute. I dipped those in the remaining tartar sauce because it was so good. It was a million times better than anything I have had from the store.

7 comments:

  1. what are smile fries? I have never heard of them...the tartar sauce looks yummy!
    hugs,
    puglette
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salmon. It's my favourite thing to eat. That recipe looks great.
    I thought for a moment the other fillet of salmon was for hubby. I should have known better lol.

    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any flavor difference with the Asian mayo???

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have made my own tartar sauce (just because I can't remember to buy it at the store) but this recipe sounds different and yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just my cup of tea!
    I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making my own sauces... it tastes so much better! Making ranch dressing from scratch tates amazing... when I have time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, tartar sauce! I must try this... maybe without the fish though!

    ReplyDelete