Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grilled Curry Salmon with Macaroni Salad

You still have time to get out there and grill and enjoy the last days of summer. This meal is a great summertime dinner that comes together easily so you aren't slaving in the kitchen.




The salmon has to chill out in the fridge with the rub and marinade so get that started first.




I am used salmon with the skin still on for the first time and I may never go back, but we will talk about that more later.




The rub is simple, lemon pepper, garlic powder and curry powder.




Get it on your salmon and wrap it up and put it in the fridge for a half hour.




While that is getting infused with flavor we are going to create our marinade that is going to boost the taste even more. You need some worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and a little liquid smoke if you've got some.




Mix that up with a little butter that you zap in the microwave for a few seconds to get it melted. Set that aside and lets start our side dish.




I love macaroni salad. This recipe is simple and so tasty. Get some water boiling for the pasta.




Start prepping your veggies. You need some celery, red pepper, onion and pimentos.




Chop them up and set them aside.




Get your macaroni measured...




And throw them into the hot tub.

It should be about time to put the salmon in the marinade.




Pour the marinade in a bag with the salmon.




Get it back in the fridge for another half hour.




Drain your pasta when it is done and rinse with cool water. Get it in a bowl and sprinkle with a little bit of salt.




Use your strainer to defrost some frozen peas by running some cool water over them.




Combine all of your veggies and noodles in a bowl.




Then here comes the big flavor punches, mayo and cheese. The recipe calls for chunks of cheddar, but this shredded worked just fine.




mmm cheese




You can use as much or as little mayo as you like.




Stir it all up and put it in the fridge to chill until your salmon is grilled up.




Pull the salmon out of the marinade and grill it up for just a few minutes. I like mine a little raw in the middle but you cook yours to your liking.




Plate it all up and enjoy! The salmon skin gets so crispy and delicious when you grill it, I have never had it before but I am hooked. The skin also helps the salmon maintain moisture.




The macaroni salad was fabulous as well.

Have a great weekend!!!

10 comments:

  1. That salad looks yummy! I might try it with some baby shrimp for a tasty lunch. The salmon looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so with you on the macaroni salad... looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooo! I'll skip the macaroni salad (never have been a fan, even before my diagnosis), but I'm definitely making that salmon!!

    [drools like Daisy]

    ReplyDelete
  4. One thing we love up here in the Pacific Northwest is salmon. The big red haired guy loves macaroni salad. No peas, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks so yummy!

    I wanted to try out your German potato salad last weekend. So I went to the supermarket to get some potatoes. Then I realised that I didn't know what kind of potatoes to use when I saw they have russet, holland and baby potatoes.(I did say I'm a dummy cook, didn't I? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to get our propane tank filled.... ran out day before yesterday.
    You should be a professional food photographer/set designer. Really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you've gotta great website! Do visit http://www.onlinehelperforyou.blogspot.com/ if u want to make money online easily.. Its very easy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to make that macaroni salad sometime; I am such a huge fan of cold pasta salads. It's probably the mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joe and Tanner's Mom!

    I've left you an award on my blog, since Mom always insist we have to stop by this blog, too, even though the dog one is like soo much more interesting. But if Mom think it's soo good.. and since it's about food. Well.. Then you deserve a blog!

    Snorts and sneezes,
    Bajas!

    ReplyDelete