Thursday, September 18, 2008

Raspberry Yogurt Pastries

This is a simple dessert or snack that you can customize to your tastes. The hubby ate this as well. I guess the key to his culinary happiness is smear something on some crescent dough and serve it up!




The recipe comes from Cooking for 2 Magazine. Start by preheating your oven.




You need some crecent roll dough.




Spread it out into 2 crusts and use your fingers to seal the perforations. Pop them in the oven and keep an eye on them, they cook up quickly.




When they are done put them on a rack to cool.




The recipe calls for raspberry yogurt, but you can use whatever flavor you like.




The topping for these 'pastries' are fresh berries. I chose blackberries.




and Raspberries.




Spread the yogurt over the crusts like a sauce and then top with your fruit.




The hubby does not like blackberries, but he will eat raspberries, so this is his dessert.




I love blackberries, so I added both to mine. I also had to share some berries with my dogs because they LOVE them.




This is quick and easy and actually not that bad for you! There are a bunch of variations you could try with different yogurt flavors, I think it would be great with some vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of good cinnamon.

6 comments:

  1. This seems almost brilliant! I'm gonna try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely delicious! Another one I will be trying. Ben will share the berries as he loves them.. (can't say I love the re-appearance they make later though!!) and may even get fussy hubby to try this since it is sweet and has no vegetables!! lol

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that would be a winner with everyone in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm and maybe some powdered sugar on top and some brown sugar sprinkled underneath and mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this with vanilla yogurt and cinnamon today (a combination I already knew I loved). Yum!! I posted pictures at my blog too :)

    before-moonrise.livejournal.com

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks perfect! I need to try this out right away!

    ReplyDelete