Thursday, December 11, 2008

Awesome Baked Scallops

This scallop recipe is called Awesome Baked Scallops. It is awesome on so many levels. First of all it is SO easy. Second of all it is so delicious. I love scallops and you can find them frozen in most grocery stores these days. This recipe is from allrecipes.com and the amounts below serve 4.

INGREDIENTS
* 16 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
* 5 tablespoons butter, melted
* 5 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 shallots, chopped
* 3 pinches ground nutmeg
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup bread crumbs
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/4 cup chopped parsley
* lemon wedges for garnish (optional)

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Place scallops, melted butter, garlic, and shallots in a bowl. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to a casserole dish.
3. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and olive oil. Sprinkle on top of scallops.
4. Bake in preheated oven until crumbs are brown and scallops are done, about 11 to 14 minutes. Top with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.

Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 425 degrees and lets get started.




I thaw my shallots by giving them a quick rinse with cold water. Then I assemble the other ingredients.




Olive oil, Parsley, garlic, shallots, nutmeg, butter and bread crumbs.




Chop the shallot and garlic pretty fine.




put your scallops in a bowl and pat them dry with a towel.




Add in the shallots, garlic and butter. This combo is pretty close to being one of the best things on earth. Comine them all together.




Pour them into a casserole dish and season with the nutmeg and some salt and pepper.




Put the bread crumbs in a separate dish with the olive oil. Use a fork to combine them.




Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the scallops and pop them in the oven for 11-14 minutes, keep an eye on it!




I made an easy side dish to go with the scallops, some Caribbean Rice.




I wanted to just eat them right out of the casserole dish when they came out of the oven, but I figured I had better plate them up.




The scallops were so buttery and delicious. I used some fresh lemon juice at the end and it helped to really bring out all the great flavors.

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! I think I might have to make these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much do the breadcrumbs add to the recipe? Is it a make-or-break deal? 'Cause I'd LOVE to make this, but the carbs from the bread won't be good for my glucose levels...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, i love scallops!! they look just beautiful!
    thanks!
    puglette
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I am going to print this right now! I love scallops and have been looking for new recipes to try with scallops.
    Thanks!!
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! That looks absolutely fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have such restraint! I would have eaten them out of the casserole over the sink! LOVE THE RECIPE - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boyfriend was just telling me how he loves scallops so I will have to make this for him sometime!

    ReplyDelete