Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chicken Marsala with Garlic Rice and Quinoa

Tonight I am sharing a popular Italian dish that is so easy to make at home. I always order this when I am out and I was so glad to find an easy recipe to recreate it at home.








The recipe comes from Nigel Slater's cook book, Real Fast Food. This book has a lot of recipes for 2 servings so I really like it. Lets gather some ingredients.




Next time, I will use REAL Marsala, not this store brand junk. The sauce was good, but could have been better and this was the culprit!




Flour for dredging the chicken.




The chicken. An actual breast this time, not a thigh for once.




Heavy Cream.




Real Butter.




My side dish! This stuff was delicious and cooked in 90 seconds in the microwave.




This is another recipe where you get to smash up some food. Use a mallet, a rolling pin or a heavy pan to flatten the chicken.




It is so fun and a great way to relieve stress!




Pour out the glass of wine so you have it ready.




Once your chicken is flattened, dredge it in the flower and put it in the pan with some (a lot) of melted butter.




Brown it on both sides for about 3 minutes then remove it from the pan and put it in some foil to stay warm.




Add in the wine and scrape up all the yummy chicken pieces from the bottom. Also do not pay attention to my dirty stove top.




When half of the marsala is gone, stir in the cream. Don't forget to also season with a little salt and pepper.




Add the chicken back in to the pan and cook for about another minute.




Plate with your side dish and pour the delicious sauce over the chicken. You can also add mushrooms to the sauce if you'd like as I have seen Chicken Marsala served that way many times. I enjoyed this and its a great weeknight meal that looks like it took a lot longer than it does.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - butter fried chicken! I love it... definently one to try - Thanks

    ReplyDelete