Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ham and Noodle Casserole

I have been in the mood for casseroles lately so I have a few to share this week. I have also been in the mood to have the oven on as its been pretty chilly here in Arizona. This casserole is good old fashioned comfort, just like the Tuna Noodle Casserole I had on here not too long ago.








Get some water boiling, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and we will get under way!




You need some grated cheddar, bread crumbs, onion, butter, egg noodles, oregano, milk and some cooked ham. As soon as your water is boiling, toss the egg noodles in.




Meanwhile, finely chop or grate some onion.




Cube up your cooked ham.




Grab a bowl, mine is a cute Pyrex cinderella bowl, and fill it with the grated cheese, onion, ham, soup, milk, butter and oregano.




In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the remaining butter.




When your noodles are cooked, stir them in with the other ingredients.




Get it into a casserole dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.




Look at that golden crust on the top, yum!




This is comfort food for sure. I will have another casserole coming up later this week!

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm, this Ham and Noodle Casserole does look like a dish of comforting goodness. Ham and cheese, yum!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY DOG!

    Mom is drooling already!

    She used to make something like this years ago - she's khraving this NOW!

    That will be next weekend's projekht!

    Tank Woo fur sharing!
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you want casseroles or do you want to use all those cute Pyrex casserole dishes? Hmm?
    Looks very good and I just may try it! (I have some Pyrex casseroles too!)

    Jo, Not Stella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it just sounds good. I can SMELL it from Kentucky, I swear.

    hugs-
    Patience

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm... more bad childhood memories...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear "Dining Alone" -- I've been meaning to stop by ever since we learned who is writing this yummy blog. We'll be back!!! We're Food Network freaks and have tons of recipe books, but love the idea of having our own new source of ideas!!

    Joan (not Jake and JH -- their food choices seem to be mor virtual than real!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog link at LJ and so I subscribed in my reader. This recipe looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it. Thank you for sharing!

    The title of your blog sounds so sad, but I love all your pictures! I'm glad I found this page!

    ReplyDelete