Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mustard Chicken Wings

The 4th of July is probably my favorite holiday. I love fireworks and I love grilling up burgers and hot dogs. I also love tasty appetizers and these Mustard Wings really are simple but packed with flavor. You can do them in the broiler pretty quickly or at a slower temperature depending on your schedule so they really are a great way to get food out for guests without having to do a lot of work.

IMG_1858

recipe2

We have nothing to preheat or prep at the moment because you want to let the chicken marinate for a while ahead of time. I let mine go for about 2 hours. Time to gather ingredients and get that started.

ingredients
You will need spicy mustard, chicken wings, hot sauce, garlic, olive oil, lemon, and some pepper.

marinade
Combine everything together and add a pinch of salt if you'd like.

marinating
Put the chicken in a bag with the wings and toss it in the fridge and forget about it for a while.

ready to go in oven
Preheat your oven or broiler and get the chicken down on a pan. I like to use a wire rack over some foil so the wings get nice and crispy. Pop them in the oven and follow instructions for either the broiler or the oven method. I used the oven at 375 degrees.

marinade
The recipe has you basting with the marinade, it is important you do your last baste with at least 5-10 minutes of cooking left to kill anything lurking from the chicken.

baking
Getting delicious!

Mustard Chicken Wings
These were super easy and full of flavor. It is a nice change from burgers and hot dogs or a fun and simple appetizer. I hope you are all having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. They look and sound terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I never thought of mustard wings??!! I am the queen of the deep fryer though - do you think they would work in a deep fryer??

    Tell Tom I now have a jones for a habanero burger!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could make the marinade without the olive oil and then as soon as the wings come out of the fryer toss them in it?

      You and Tom have guts of steel.

      Delete
  3. Oh those look tasty! My hubs loves wings I will have to try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever used mustard on chicken, but it sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful, hope you have a delicious and fun holiday! These would do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These wings look so flavoursome and delicious my friend :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are definitely an ideal bbq food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny, I never knew Ali liked chicken wings until he ordered them at a restaurant last week. This is great timing!

    Have a great weekend Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete