Friday, June 29, 2012

Favorite Things #25 - Monsoon Season

During the middle of June until about the end of July in Arizona we experience something called "Monsoon Season". When I first moved here from PA I had never even heard of this. When I experienced my first dust storm I was amazed at how different the weather can be in the desert. Imagine a GIANT wall of dust heading your way, it is quite amazing.

Here is a photo I found of a big storm we got last summer.

Most of them are not that enormous and crazy, but just before they arrive we get the most gorgeous light and colors in our skies.

178/365
This was not edited, just taken with the 'vivid' color mode on my camera. So pretty.

179/365
I have been in AZ 16 years and I am still amazed at how beautiful it is.

5 comments:

  1. It really is gorgeous...but I would be SO scared of the dust storms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is beautiful! I look out my window: all grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, THAT's what you guys get when you get storms? WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had dust storms in southern Australian and I loved to watch them come up the valley. I HATED being out in one. Nasty stuff. The mess they leave behind is more than I wanted to clean up.

    Beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete