I realize it has been almost a year since I updated this blog, is anybody still out there? I could give you a lot of excuses as to why I haven't updated but the truth is I have just been in a funk, and lazy. I am not going to go through all the things that have happened in the last year, but I will go over some things that have kept me away from the blog, and the things that have brought me back.
1. We lost our dog Joey in June after watching him slowly waste away from a non operable adrenal tumor. It was painful and seemed to consume me in ways I only now recognize.
2. I was not inspired to create, partly due to what was going on with Joey and partly because after the move I did not like cooking in my kitchen.
Those are really the two main things that were keeping me away from the blog. So now on to the inspiration to bring me back.
1. I have been getting emails from some wonderfully kind people inquiring about the blog and encouraging me to come back. I have also recently become better friends with some women who inspire me and who I know will encourage me to keep the blog going.
2. My family has welcomed a new dog, Steve. We rescued him through the Arizona Boston Terrier Rescue and he is making us all smile and laugh again. Things are also going well for my sister and her kids, so this makes my life a lot less stressful as I worry about them daily.
3. I have been cooking more, and the hubby is actually eating more. It is quite wonderful actually. I think he finally just got so bored with his diet that he had to make a change.
So I don't know exactly what format this blog will take in the coming weeks and months, but I am making a promise to myself to make time for it. I missed all of the wonderful emails and comments and I look forward to visiting some new blogs and making new friends.
I will leave you with a picture of our newest family member, Steve :)