Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sausage Spinach Pasta Dinner

I have updated the links, thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. I look forward to checking out the blogs.

I do have a recipe to share today, I actually made it one year ago today, and never posted it here. I have made it again since then and it is easy and delicious.

recipe
The recipe comes from Taste of Home Magazine

ingredients for sausage spinach pasta
You need spinach, pasta, onion or shallot, flour, pepper, cream, broth, garlic and some sausage.

sausage cut
Chop up your sausage.

flour and pepper measured
Measure your flour and pepper, use a cute pyrex bowl if you've got one!

onion chopped
Chop your onion or shallot.

garlic minced
Chop your garlic.

pasta broken in half
I confess I almost always break my pasta in half, I think that might be blasphemous to some people.

Ok so now we have almost everything prepped, so we can start cooking!

browning the sausage
Get the sausage in the pan with the onions and garlic and let it cook until the sausage is browned, should only take a couple of minutes. Drain out any excess fat.

noodles in
Add in the broth and bring to a boil then add the noodles. Let those guys cook for 3 minutes.

spinach in
Drop in the spinach, and don't freak out if it looks like a lot, it will disappear soon. Let this cook for another 3 minutes or so, until the pasta is to your liking.

While this cooks we can do the last step of this easy meal.

cream mixture
Add the cream to your flour and pepper that you measured before.

getting thick and delicious
Stir it in and let it thicken and let the cream mixture cook for a minute or two. You want the raw flour taste to cook out.

Sausage Spinach Pasta Dinner
Plate it up and you are ready to eat. This is a simple dish that is perfect for a weeknight after work or school.




6 comments:

  1. That looks very tasty. AND easy. I just might give this a try next week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible! I'm a pasta breaker, too. If the food police come for you, look for me in the jail cell. :)
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you're back! I'd been checking every once in awhile and hoping that you'd start blogging again. I really like the way you present things in such a clear/concise manner-- makes sometimes complicated recipes look easy! This one looks great-- thanks for sharing!

    -amanda w.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! the sausage looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thank you for sharing this on LJ. It looks so yummy and your pics make it look easy to handle making a creamy pasta. I tried some from newspapers but don't always end up with a proper recipe without step by step pics.

    I like the idea for tuna ragout and the shrimp bisque. I don't eat seafood so I would just used cooked supermarket rotisserie chicken instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO this one looks yummy!

    Kari
    http://lookatwhatscookin.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete