Saturday, February 27, 2010

Crispy Chicken with Brussel Sprouts

This recipe comes from my trusty "Serves One" cookbook that I love. This is a simple chicken dish that I paired with some Brussels Sprouts I steamed in the microwave. Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 450 degrees and lets get started.







You need a chicken breast, some butter, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, 1 egg, soy sauce and some flour. You probably have all of this at your house already!



Trim the fat from the breast.



Mix the cheese with the bread crumbs, preferably in a cute Pyrex bowl if you've got one.



Mix the egg with the soy sauce and some water. I used that egg stuff you can get in a carton at the store. I never eat eggs when I buy them so I thought I would give these things a try.



Get some flour down on a plate.



In a baking dish, get the butter measured out. Melt it and prepare to coat the chicken.



Dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg mixture, then finally cover it with the cheese and breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess coating.



Lay the chicken in the melted butter and get it in the oven for 20 minutes.



While that cooks whip up a side dish of steamed veggies. The Ziploc steam bags are great for this. Once the veggies are steamed give them a toss with some olive oil and whatever seasoning blend you like. When you are done with your side, flip the chicken over.




Get the chicken out of the oven and you are ready to eat. Talk about easy!




You can whip this dish up in no time on a weeknight. The chicken is moist and the crispy cheesy crust gives it a great flavor. I hope you all are enjoying some Spring weather!

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds tasty AND easy AND something I might even get the DH to try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now craving Brussels Sprouts!

    Thanks!

    AND Khyra will thank you too - she LOVES them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to say, the Sanso's container is great.

    This is such a nice easy way to go about chicken. I would eat chicken 5 days a week if I could get the other one to go with it. I am intrigued about sprouts in the microwave. I almost always roast them. Do they get sulfur-y at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! I love how there are hardly any ingredients, too!

    ReplyDelete