I told you earlier that I would be posting a recipe for using up some of your leftover Prosciutto so here it is! You can find this at All Recipes.com This is very simple but looks and tastes like something very special. This serves 2, or just one because you are NOT going to want to share these.
* 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced
* 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese, softened
* 6 spears fresh asparagus, trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Spread prosciutto slices with Neufchatel cheese. Wrap slices around 2 or 3 asparagus spears. Arrange wrapped spears in a single layer on a medium baking sheet.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until asparagus is tender.
All you need is some Asparagus, some Prosciutto, some cream or Neufchatel cheese and a cookie sheet.
Trim the bottoms off the asparagus.
The prosciutto is kind of a pain to work with because it is so thin, but be patient, it is so worth it.
Smear it all up with cream cheese.
lay your asparagus at one end and roll it up, so simple!
Stick them on a baking sheet and get them in the oven. Pull them out after about 15 minutes and that is it, done!
I served them along side some of the leftover chicken, which I did not end up eating much of after I tasted these things.
They were so so tasty. The Prosciutto is rather salty but I really like salt so it was fine for me. I will be making this side dish often. yum.
I would like to thank you all again for the comments, I appreciate them. I would also like to thank one of my readers who gave my blog an award of Excellence. I am humbled, thank you so much.
You should check out her blog here. She is a talented writer and tells the most wonderful stories.