Monday, August 16, 2010

More from the PA trip...

I had mentioned that I got some excellent beef jerky and my pal Vix asked if I have a dehydrator and make my own. I do not! I think I should try it at some point, I had a dehydrator and ended up donating it as I never used it. I have a serious beef jerky addiction so it would probably be a good idea to try making my own at some point.

Now back to the food from the trip!




I picked this popcorn up at the market also. If you read the blog a lot you will know that I LOVE savory and sweet together. This popcorn is absolutely delicious. I am going to have to try to make it last!




We had some wine made in the area where I grew up in Indiana, PA. It was surprisingly good.

We ate lunch at Michael Symon's B Spot restaurant in Woodmere Ohio.




It was a REALLY sunny day!




I want one of these umbrellas!




My nephew got a vanilla bean milkshake.




I got the Thin Lizzy burger. It had cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, mayo, and pickles. The beef is locally sourced and was so tasty. Definitely the best burger I have ever had.




My nephew got a bacon cheeseburger, he ate that whole thing!




My sister got the Tomato Blue Cheese soup and it was so good. The recipe is in Michael Symon's Live to Cook: Recipes and Techniques to Rock Your Kitchen

I would highly recommend B Spot if you are in Eastern Ohio anytime soon.

4 comments:

  1. The burgers looked awesome - I totally want that umbrella too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my own jerky. I have a dehydrator with square trays. It is handy to lay out strips of meat on. It's really the only thing I use it for. I also got a vacuum sealer. So the hubby and his guys will be getting lots of jerky while deployed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Thin Lizzy burger looks delicious!

    I haven't made jerky in years and in fact, I can't find the recipe I used to use. But it was long before dehydrators and we used to make in the oven on a low temperature. It was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like burgers but I'm not a huge fan. I rarely make them and don't often order them when eating out. But that Thin Lizzy burger was calling my name. I made one. It was so good! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete