This is a simple meal that the vegetarians out there will love. It is filling, cheap and quick to the table.
This recipe is from Everyday Food and serves 4.
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 cup orzo
* 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, cook orzo 4 minutes. Add green beans; continue cooking until beans are tender and orzo is al dente, 5 to 6 minutes more.
2. Drain orzo, and return to saucepan. Mix in lemon juice and oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
This is listed as a side dish, but I ate it as my Dinner. Start boiling some water and lets get our ingredients together.
You need just a few ingredients, green beans, lemon, orzo and some olive oil. I love Orzo so much, and I hope you give it a try if you haven't had it already.
Trim the ends off the green beans and cut them into bite sized pieces.
Get your orzo in the boiling water. After it cooks for 4-5 minutes toss in the green beans for another 5 minutes.
Juice up the lemon.
When the orzo and beans are cooked get them out of the pan and drained. In the same pan, heat up the Olive Oil and if you are like me, toss a little butter in the pan.
When it is melted get the orzo and beans back in the pan and add the lemon juice. Get it all incorporated and you are ready to eat!
This quick vegetarian meal is perfect for a Spring afternoon! I hope the weather is getting nicer where you are, it is gorgeous here in Arizona.