Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pan Fried Paprika Pangasius

I have been feeling fishy lately, so I have been enjoying a lot of simple and fast fish dishes. This recipe comes from the Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen cookbook.












This is a simple recipe, not a lot to prep so lets get started.




Gather all your ingredients. Yes, my milk comes from a box. I never have milk in the house.




Add all of these fabulous flavors into a plastic bag with the flour. I think this entry is officially brought to you by the letter F!




In the bag...




In a separate container combine lemon juice, parsley and chives. I was out of capers, doh!




Send the fish swimming in the milk




Then to the powder room to be covered with the delicious coating.




Get your pan going with some olive oil.




Get it browning and then when it is cooked, get it out of that pan, we have a sauce to make!




Add in the lemon juice with the herbs and give it a stir. Plate your fish and drizzle the sauce over it.




I love this picture because it shows that every cook, no matter the experience, goofs and messes up sometimes. I tore off a nice chunk of the coating of the fish and decided to take the picture right on the goof up. It is OK if your food doesn't look perfect, as long as it tastes good, and this meal tastes GREAT!

9 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya on the goof! I recently burnt the heck out of some simple muffins...

    The fish looks great, reminds me I have not pan fried a piece of fish in ages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pan fried fish. The coating looks scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it looks just great. Perfection is in subject to interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous! How long does your powdered milk last -- and do you just add some water to it or what? I like milk but I never use it in time to make it worthwhile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one! My 3 kids all ate fish thanks to this recipe. And it takes all of 10 minutes from beginning to end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this recipe the other night when I googled Pangasius and came across your site. I put a quick review of it on my blog and linked to this blog entry. It was a great recipe! Thanks for posting it and I will be sure to check out your other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried it out today and (although I forgot to soak the fish in milk) it tasted pretty good. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family really enjoyed this, many thanks

    ReplyDelete