Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tacos and POM Wonderful

I thought you might like to see the Taco Rack in use.




Tom really was excited to try it out.




He loaded it up with all his favorite toppings.




And then doused it in hot sauce. He finished all those open bottles and started on the two unopened ones. Perhaps the reason he doesn't like anything I cook is because he has no functioning taste buds left!

Recently I got a case of Pomegranate juice from the great folks at POM Wonderful. I love to drink the stuff, but would like some suggestions for recipes.





Has anyone cooked with Pomegranate juice and care to share a recipe with me? I would appreciate a comment or an email if you have something you've tried before.

6 comments:

  1. The sauce lineup was quite amusing!

    As for the POM Wonderful, I've never had any yet I read/hear so many great things!

    I might just have to try it -

    Of course, do you think it would be a good complement to my dark chocolate covered pomegranates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of doing a pork chop with POM reduction. Haven't tried it since I've found I have a mild pomegranate allergy, but it sounds lovely. (I still love the taste of pom even if i can't eat it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a lot of sauce!!! I'll take mine with more of the toppings and less - a lot less - of the sauc:0

    No recipes for pomegranate although i do hear it is excellent for good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know about recipes for pom juice but i made a DELICIOUS whiskey cocktail. i reduced pom juice until it was thick like a syrup and then made this: http://www.latimes.com/features/la-fo-punchrec31c-2008dec31,0,6877802.story

    it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that sauce in one meal?!? Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mostly drink it. It's wonderful mixed with sparkling wine and chambord. It also makes a tasty martini mixed with citrus vodka.

    ReplyDelete