I love pasta, I admit it. I have to have it usually once a week, so I am always excited to find a fun new variation. This recipe comes from Cooking for 2 magazine, but is actually just a single serving. Perfect for me! Get some water boiling and lets gather the ingredients.
* 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
* 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
* Dash dried oregano
* Dash pepper
* 2 small fresh mushrooms, chopped
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 1-1/2 teaspoons diced sweet red pepper
* 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1/3 cup 2% milk
* 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
* Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper.
* In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat. Yield: 1 serving.
You will need some pasta, flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, mushrooms, onion, pepper, milk and parmesan cheese. I didn't have a red pepper so I just used green. The hubby is in the background preparing his BLT he had for dinner.
Get your pasta in the boiling water and start prepping the rest of the ingredients. Combine the flour with the garlic, parsley, bouillon, oregano and pepper.
Chop up the onion and pepper.
Once that is prepped we can cook. Get some olive oil in a pan and drop in the mushrooms and veggies. Cook these until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
Stir in the dry mixture and get all the mushrooms and veggies coated.
Slowly stir in the milk and then let this cook for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the parmesan cheese.
The sauce looks amazing and by now your noodles should be cooked so drain those.
Drop them in the sauce and give it one final stir.
Talk about easy and delicious! This took no time at all and tasted amazing. If you wanted to do this vegetarian you can easily substitute mushroom bouillon instead of the chicken. The best thing about cooking for just yourself is you can do whatever you want. Have a great week!