Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Steak Salad with Grapes and Blue Cheese

I made a little extra steak with my last meal so that I could have this delicious and filling salad. Salads don't have to be all veggies, you can add a little meat in there to make it a meal.




Grab your steak from the fridge.




Give it a slice and remember that raw meat might be bad for you but it tastes oh so good. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds to take the chill off.




The vinaigrette is simply red wine vinegar and olive oil.




It doesn't get much more simple. You can add some salt and pepper also.




Whisk it up and the dressing is done.




I did the salad with spinach but you can use whatever green you prefer. With the spinach and the beef it is quite high in iron.




Get some grapes




and give them a slice. Don't feed these buggers to your dog no matter how much they beg, they are bad for their kidneys.




So far our salad is very healthy, so its ok to splurge with a little stinky cheese. This is just some grocery store blue cheese, but it is tasty enough.




Get it all combined and serve!




This is a great meal for a hot summer day, or a spring day in Arizona :)

9 comments:

  1. I could have gone that route with my leftovers, too, but the baby spinach was old enough that I think it worked better cooked than it would have as a salad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm. I LOVE cold steak salad. I gave this blog address to the cousins, and to my friend Jeannie. I am going to put it on my blog, too. (Duh, just thought of that one... dealing with one shoe short of a pair, if you know what I mean.)

    Patience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum -- does this look good! I love salads in summer, and it's just beginning to warm up around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all that rawness!

    I tossed some canned tomatoes with some basil olive oil, regular extra virgin, and egg noodles... doppled with some [powdered] parmesan cheese... and it was not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks too good! I am going home right now and have a spinach and teriaki chicken salad! I have leftovers in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you showed all the steps in preparing this delicious looking meal... And be sure to come by and enter my recipe contest.
    http://dabookrecipe.blogspot.com/2008/03/march-contest-all-about-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DID it!!! I had to write the HTML code and everything and I did it!!! I put a special link here on my sidebar!!!!!
    Woo-Hooooooo!

    Patience

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your napkins!!!

    ReplyDelete