Friday, June 11, 2010

Peanut and Spice Crusted Pork Tenderloin

If there is one thing I love just as much as chicken thighs it is pork tenderloin. It can be expensive so I just wait until it goes on sale and divide it up and put it in my freezer.




This recipe came out of Everyday Food but was an advertisement for Turning Leaf wine. Apparently it pairs well with something they sell! Preheat your oven to 350° and lets get cooking.




Again, this is a recipe that does not require a lot of ingredients or prep. This is a great solution for a weeknight meal. You will need peanuts, ginger, coriander, olive oil, honey, mustard and a pork tenderloin.




First step, chop up some peanuts. I had to borrow these from the hubby's stash.




Combine the honey and mustard and admire that great orange dots bowl in the background.




Get your peanuts in that bowl and combine with the coriander and the ginger. Add some salt if your peanuts were unsalted.




Get some oil going in an ovenproof skillet.




Brown up the tenderloin and get him out of there.




While that cools a little get your peanuts on to a plate or some foil.




Smear the pork with the honey mustard mixture.




Then send it for a roll in the peanuts.




Get it back in the pan and pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. While it cooks you can make a side dish. I just warmed up some frozen peas with some leftover rice I had in the fridge. Season with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. I suppose you could also wash your prep dishes while you wait also.




When the time is up, you can check the temperature with a thermometer if you have one, I have one that the hubby got me a couple of years ago at Christmas and I love it. It is an all clad thermometer with a probe that goes in the meat but the thermometer can sit outside the oven. Alton Brown uses one a lot on his show Good Eats. Anyway, back to the food, look at the golden and toasty peanuts!




This was easy and so tasty. This is a great introductory recipe for making pork tenderloin if you have never tried it.

4 comments:

  1. This really does look delicious. I am new to your blog so I've spent some time here today reading many of your earlier posts. I love your recipes and will be back often to stay current with what you are cooking. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for pork tenderloin... it's such a great hunk of meat... I always do soy sauce and pepper, but this is definently worth a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- this looks delicious. I will prepare it this week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete